Troubleshooting no availability
Having your availability display correctly is essential in setting up your booking page. While YouCanBook.me is an incredibly customizable tool, there are a lot of settings to check when things go wrong.
NEW: Try our Availability Diagnostics tool to help figure out why your times aren't showing as available, or try these tips below!
- Check busy events on your calendar
- Check your availability settings
- Check your Custom Availability setup
- Check your break and fixed start/end dates
- Check your grid display
- Check your padding settings
- Check your minimum and maximum notice
Busy events on your calendar
Any busy event on your linked calendar will block you from being booked within YouCanBook.me. Remove any event you don't want
Reccomended: Test if this is the cause by going to Times & availability > Duration & display and setting units per slot to 2. If availability shows up, there is a busy event blocking your availability.
Also make sure you have your calendar set to show any declined invitations, as these can also block your availability after you've declined them:
Check your availability Settings
Within YouCanBook.me, make sure you've checked the box next to days you want us to display availability. If the box is not checked, that day will be completely greyed out.
Make sure Custom Availability is setup correctly
With this feature activated, the next step is to go to your linked calendar and create events matching your set title during the days and times you want to be available for bookings. These events need to be set to free (the default is busy) and align with your selected Grid display (set under Times & availability > Duration & display).
Only where we find these events on your calendar will be displayed for booking.
Breaks / Fixed Start & End Dates
The break you set under Times & availability will be completely removed from your booking page. So if you set a 4 hour break those times will not appear for booking. Remove or reduce your break to open availability.
If you choose to set a fixed start and end date, the date range must include the days you want to show as available for booking.
Grid display is greater than available time
Under Times & availability > Duration & display section, make sure your Grid display and booking duration are at least the length of the time you are available.
- If you indicated you're available 9am-12pm every day - your grid display & booking duration cannot be more than 3 hours.
- If you've created 1 hour blocks with Custom availability, your booking duration cannot be longer than 1 hour or those times won't display for booking
Padding is blocking your available time
Padding is added to the beginning and end of every event booked through YouCanBook.me as well as every existing event on your calendar. Padding can reduce availability if it is set too high.
- 1 hour of padding on a 1 hour booking will require 3 hours of continuous availability on your linked calendar to display a time for booking.
- Consider adjusting your grid display to set smaller padding.
- Use Custom Availability to pad your bookings directly on your linked calendar.
Minimum & Maximum Booking Notice
Minimum booking notice prevents last minute bookings but can reduce today's availability. Maximum booking notice prevents bookings too far in the future, but can reduce future availability. Both are a rolling setting based on when your booker views your page.
- Reduce minimum booking notice to allow more same day bookings.
- Make sure your maximum booking notice covers the date range of your fixed start/end dates.