How YouCanBook.me works with your calendar
YouCanBook.me eliminates the back and forth of booking appointments, saving you time to do more important things.
With the calendar you choose to integrate with your YouCanBook.me account, we see the free and busy times and block out times that you're not available. Your client visits your booking link, chooses a time, and that event is created directly in your calendar and theirs.
You can manage all your events scheduled by YouCanBook.me like your other calendar events.
- Reschedule an event by dragging and dropping it to a new date and time - directly on your calendar.
- Cancel an event by deleting it from your calendar.
- Block out holidays by putting a busy event in your calendar.
- Manage your availability directly in your linked calendar, through a browser on your desktop or with your mobile device.
YouCanBook.me integrates with Google and Microsoft Outlook 365 calendar accounts. Integrate your calendar account and then decide which calendars on that account you want to link to your profile. You can link multiple calendars with our paid plan.
Because YouCanBook.me integrates with your existing cloud-based calendar, all of the data is stored on your calendar account, and is completely under your control.
- What is the difference between a calendar account and a linked calendar?
- How do I change the calendar you are checking for availability?
- I have personal and work calendars, can you check both and only display when I'm free?
- Do my clients see the details of what is on my calendar, or only that I'm busy?
- How do I block out a certain day I don't want to be available for bookings?
- I have a team of employees - can they all take bookings on a single profile?
- My availability changes from week to week - how I can change when I can take bookings?
- The calendar I want to check for availability isn't displaying during Calendar & Teams. How do I fix that?
- How much is my subscription if I check more than one calendar for availability?
What is the difference between a calendar account and a linked calendar?
Your calendar account is your Google or Microsoft calendar that you've connected on the Integrations page. You can integrate as many calendar accounts as you need - there is no charge for these separate integrations.
Your linked calendars are the calendars you link to for availability on your booking profile. These can be your own personal calendars, or your team members calendars that have been shared with you.
I have personal and work calendars, can you check both and only display when I'm free?
Yes we can check multiple calendars and only display the times where you're available across all calendars. This will increase your subscription, as the price is based on the number of calendars we check for availability. More about how to set it up here: Checking multiple calendars for availability.
I have a team of employees - can they all take bookings on a single profile?
Use the teams feature to connect each employee's calendar to the booking profile. You can display their combined availability, or have your clients choose the specific team member they would like to work with.
- Walkthrough of the team setup here.
- Working with a team across multiple timezones? Follow these directions.
The calendar I want to check for availability isn't displaying during Calendar & Teams. How do I fix that?
If you don't see the calendar under Calendar & teams, it means it is not associated with an account you've integrated with YouCanBook.me. To resolve this:
- Share that calendar with the calendar account that is integrated with YouCanBook.me,
- Integrate a new calendar account, and then that calendar will show under Calendar & teams.
How much is my subscription if I check more than one calendar for availability?
Your monthly subscription is based on the number of calendars we are checking for availability. The basic paid plan starts at $10/month for 1 calendar. More on pricing here.