Sharing calendar permissions
Connect to your team members calendars by inviting them as a Contributor on your account. This will allow them to share their Google or Outlook calendar directly with your YouCanBook.me account, as well as their Zoom credentials.
The directions below can be followed if your colleague does not want to create a YouCanBook.me account to share their calendar. Share the directions below with your colleague on how to share their calendar permissions with you through their Google or Outlook account.
Sharing calendar permissions on Google
- Navigate to Google Calendar and select the calendar you want to share. Click Settings and sharing.
- Under Share with specific people, enter the email address of the Google calendar account that is integrated with YouCanBook.me - check with your colleague, as this may be different than their YouCanBook.me account email address.
- Select the permissions level Make changes to events from the dropdown.
- Click Send to save changes.
Account Owner: Once they have shared the calendar at the level Make changes to events, an email will be triggered to your Google account with the subject line "(Google email account) has shared a calendar with you".
Click Add this calendar in the email to accept the new permissions. Then you will be able to view this newly shared calendar in your YouCanBook.me booking pages.
Sharing calendar permissions on Microsoft
Please note that there are several versions of Microsoft and different ways to share calendars. The method below is for Outlook Live.
- Click the calendar you want to share, and select Sharing and Permissions.
- Select the calendar to share and add the email address of the Microsoft calendar account that is integrated with YouCanBook.me - check with your colleague, as this may be different than their YouCanBook.me account email address.
- Select the permissions level Can Edit and then Click Share.
Account Owner: If you find you're unable to see shared Microsoft calendars within YouCanBook.me, see this help document for further Microsoft calendar permission tips.