FAQ about Stripe Integration
Is there a minimum I can charge my bookers?
- Stripe does set a minimum charge for each transaction. It varies by country - see more here.
What if my booker enters an incorrect card number, or their card has expired?
- If there is an error with the card, your booker will see a message directly from Stripe about what might be wrong and how they can fix it.
- The booking will not succeed until the payment has been successfully processed.
If I'm using Tentative Bookings, will my client be charged before I accept the booking?
- Yes the fee will be charged before the booking is confirmed.
- If you decide not to accept the booking, you'll need to manually refund the fee from your Stripe dashboard.
Are there fees for using the Stripe integration?
- Stripe does charge for taking payments, but they have a very competitive and simple charging mechanism. See Stripe's pricing page here for full details.
- In addition, YouCanBook.me takes a 1% commission for each payment you take.
Can I use a test credit card number to test my Stripe Integration?
- We don't support a sandbox testing environment, so there isn't a way to test Stripe, besides using your own credit card, and then refunding it via your Stripe dashboard.
If someone cancels their booking, is their payment automatically refunded?
- Refunds are not automatic if a booking is cancelled on YouCanBook.me. Refunds need to be done manually via your Stripe Dashboard. You can read more about how to do that on this page.
- While Stripe will automatically refund all (or some) of their transaction fees, YouCanBook.me's 1% commission charge is non-refundable.
What if Stripe isn't available in my country?
- Stripe is working hard to roll out compatibility across the world, but it's not quite there yet. It is currently available for customers in these countries.
How do I charge sales taxes on my bookings?
- When making charge requests, Stripe does not calculate any tax information for you. The amount you specify in the Booking Form > Payments must be the total amount to charge the customer, inclusive of any fees or taxes that they should be charged.
Can I offer a discount or voucher codes?
- At the moment it's not possible to take part payment and then charge a card later. You would need to set the full price in YouCanBook.me to be the deposit amount, and then you would manually charge the customer at the later point.
What if I haven't received payment?
- Stripe collects the money and handles the financial aspect of the booking. You can keep track of payments and refunds by logging into your Stripe dashboard.
- It may take up to 7 days for the first transfer to occur direct into your bank account.
- YouCanBook.me does not handle any of the money taken during a booking, so any questions about specific charges should go directly to the support team at Stripe.
Do you integrate with payment processors besides Stripe?
- At this time we only offer a direct Stripe integration, due to the security they provide your bookers. You may consider the Redirect to a URL after booking to direct your clients to a different payment processor, but this would be outside of the YouCanBook.me workflow, and bookings can be confirmed without receiving payment.
What if my clients don't have a credit card? Does your Stripe integration allow for other forms of payment?
- Currently we only integrate with Stripe for credit cards payments. There isn't a way within the integration to change this to accept other forms of payments.