Cancelling your YouCanBook.me subscription
We are sorry if YouCanBook.me doesn't meet your needs. Before cancelling your account, please get in touch with us to see if there's anything we can do to resolve your issue!
How to cancel your subscription
To cancel your paid account, you'll need to login to your YouCanBook.me account and go to your Billing page. Click Cancel Subscription.
Once your cancellation has been confirmed, your paid subscription will not renew at the end of your current billing period. You will continue to have access to paid features until the end of your current billing period.
The following actions do not constitute cancelling your paid subscription:
- Deleting your booking profiles
- Setting all of your booking profiles to "Offline"
- Setting a Fixed end date on one or more of your profiles on your account
- Unlinking all of your calendars from your account
- Disconnecting integrated calendar accounts
- A lack of bookings or activity on your account
If we have contacted you about an outstanding balance on your account, you will not be able to self-cancel your subscription. Please contact us at email@example.com for your options.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
You can find our full cancellation policy here, section 12.
Cancellations within 30 days of purchase
- If you subscribe to a monthly, 12 month or 24 month subscription plan and decide to cancel your subscription plan within 30 days of your initial subscription date, we will refund the full amount of any sums already paid by you. This refund doesn't happen automatically, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate this refund.
Cancellations more than 30 days after purchase
- If you subscribe to a monthly, 12 month or 24 month subscription plan and decide to cancel your subscription plan on a date more than 30 days after your initial subscription date, the remaining credit will not be refunded to your original form of payment.
- Fees paid for the use of the YouCanBook.Me SMS Service are non-refundable in any circumstance.
Reverting to a free account
Once your account has been cancelled and your current billing period has ended, your account will revert to our Free plan. You can continue to use your booking page as a free account, as long as you are not using any paid features. Please consult this page to see what paid features you might have activated.