What is the new booking experience?
We've listened to feedback from our users and their bookers on how we can improve the booking experience. That has lead to a completely streamlined and booking page layout. We will be moving all booking pages to this new layout by the end of 2021.
Booking pages on the booking experience have:
- Improved performance
- Better accessibility
- Completely redesigned mobile view
All of which has led to a 20% increase in bookings on the new experience compared to the old themes.
To optimize the experience, there are a few things that are no longer supported such as,
- Hiding unchecked days
To create a consistent weekly view, we no longer support hiding unchecked days.
- Showing a custom number of days per page
To create a consistent weekly view, we no longer show more than 7 days per page.
- Using custom colors and fonts
To improve accessibility, legibility, and a consistent user interface, we no longer allow custom fonts or being able to choose more than 1 custom color. To personalize your booking page, you can choose your brand color in the Styles & Appearance settings.
- Adding a booking page header
To maintain a consistent user interface and ensure booking times are front and center of your booking page, we no longer support having a custom header. To include extra information and personalization, you can include a footer by visiting the Styles & Appearance settings.
When uploading a logo to the General section, make sure you upload a square or circular logo for the best results. The logo will be auto-resized to 130 x 130 pixels.
Styles & Appearance
- Select the main color of your booking page, our tool will shade the rest of your page using variations of that color.
- You can use one of our preset theme colors, or enter the Hex code of your custom color.
- Add a footer with a link to your website, or other contact information.
- If you're embedding your booking page in your website, uncheck the box to break out of enclosing framesets on mobile so bookers stay on your website.
You'll really see the difference in the booking experience when visiting your live booking page on a mobile screen. Users can now scroll on your availability horizontally, and easily navigate from week to week. In the GIF below you'll see the old booking experience on mobile on the left, and the new experience on the right.
Appointment Types will display like this on the new experience:
Team Members will be listed like this on the new experience: