Integrating Zapier with your YouCanBook.me account
Zapier is only available on our Paid plan and you'll need to make sure you setup your own Zapier account in order to integrate with it.
Link YouCanBook.me to 100's of other services using our Zapier integration. Take a look at the list of services that link to Zapier to get some ideas of how your bookings page can trigger a huge range of automatic activities.
Integrating Zapier step by step
- On your Youcanbook.me account click the chevron arrow next to your email address and select Integrations.
- Scroll down to Connect with Additional Services. Click Connect under Zapier.
- If you are already logged into Zapier, it will auto-connect to your Zapier account. Otherwise, it will prompt you to login to your Zapier account.
- Once your Zapier account is integrated with Youcanbook.me you'll see a pop-up modal with suggested Zaps with apps you are already using. You can use one of these to get started.
- Integrating your accounts will generate a unique API key. You can find this under your list of integrations. Keep this key secret!
- On Zapier, you can go to Integrations > Connected accounts and connect Youcanbook.me using this API key.
We currently support 3 triggers and one actions. They are the following:
Trigger: New Booking
This trigger will fire each time someone makes a booking on the nominated profile. As part of the trigger, our system will send through all the data we have about the booking. This includes all the information gathered on the booking form
Please refer to this page for shorthand codes that are available for use in Zapier. For custom fields on the booking form, a shorthand code needs to be set so that the data is available in Zapier.
Trigger: Updated (Cancelled) Booking
When you - or your customer - clicks on the link to cancel a booking through our system, this trigger will fire. (Note that if you simply delete a booking from the underlying calendar, our system will record it as "cancelled" but this trigger will not fire.)
Trigger: Booking Rescheduled
This trigger fires when the person who made the booking has decided to change the time it will start. The data included will be the same as the previous triggers.
Testing your zap
- Wait until immediately before the 5-minute mark to create a test booking, then test the Zap right at that 5-minute mark to try and catch the zap properly.
- If that doesn't work, click "Skip Test & Continue", which will pull in sample data that you can use to set up the rest of the Zap.
Once you are all set up, you might want to check out this list of possible integrations for ideas on how you can get the most out of Zapier and YouCanBook.me.