How to block time in your schedule
If there are times or days you want to appear unavailable on Youcanbook.me, you can block out time on your linked calendar. In this article we discuss:
Blocking time for a meeting or vacation
Any busy event in your calendar will show you as unavailable for booking in Youcanbook.me. So to block off hours or days, just create a busy event in your linked calendar. When you have blocked your time, YouCanBook.me will show you as unavailable for bookings.
- Create an event on your Google, Microsoft or iCloud calendar for the relevant timeframe.
- Set the event to 'Busy'. You can set the event to be a repeating event if you want to block the same time off every week.
- All day events are a great way to block off holidays without them taking up your whole calendar. However, all day events default to "Free" so be sure to check that the event is set to "Busy"
- iCloud users will need to use their iPhone or iPad to change the free/busy setting. This isn't available on the desktop.
- If you're using our Units per Slot feature, one 'Busy' event won't block them all of your available time slots. Please take a look at the Units per Slot help page for tips on how to "soak up" multiple units with one event in your calendar.
Block the same time period every day
You can use the 'break' feature on the Availability section. That will permanently block that period.
Block periods of time from week to week
Instead of Youcanbook.me looking for the available time between your busy events on your linked calendar, Custom Availability will only display you as available for booking during these Free events you create on your linked calendar. This article will help you set it up: Setting up Custom Availability