Create an email address for a Slack channel or direct message (DM)
For most teams working asynchronously, Slack has become an essential tool. So how can you keep the team informed about new bookings received from YouCanBook.me? Send those notifications where everyone sees them - a Slack channel.
Setting up your Slack notifications
Slack has provided these instructions on how to create an email address in your preferred channel or direct message conversation.
- From your desktop, open the channel or DM you’d like to send email to.
- Click the channel or member name(s) in the conversation header.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Select Send emails to this [channel] or [conversation].
- Click Get Email Address.
This is the email address you'll use in YouCanBook.me. Click to Copy the email from here so you can use it in the next step.
First get the email address for the Slack channel or direct message
- When viewing the channel or message click the drop down on the top
- Then click into Integrations and Send Emails to this Conversation:
- Copy the email address (it will end with slack.com):
Inside of YCBM setup a new notification. Click into Edit your page from the Dashboard
Head to Notifications > Actions and choose which trigger will fire the notification (to notify Slack about a new booking, use "After new booking made"):
Expand the trigger and click the + sign:
Select Confirmation email to you:
Then click Edit next to the To address:
With the drop down choose Enter custom email(s):
1. Paste in the Slack address you copied from the channel or message
2. Adjust the Subject Line
3. Adjust the content of the message
4. Click save
You can add these notifications to any trigger and into any Slack channel.
Once you get a new booking or the trigger fires you will see this appear in the Slack channel/message:
Expand to see details:
For further questions, you can contact our customer support team at email@example.com.