Warnings on your Notifications Settings
If you are encountering warnings in your notification settings, there are several potential reasons for these warnings. This article aims to provide an overview of the possible warnings you may encounter and suggest appropriate actions to take.
1. Beginning February 1st, 2024, Google is implementing changes on how applications can send email notifications on your behalf and to continue using your email address domain for booking-related notifications, you will have to integrate your Gmail account to authorize the YCBM app to use your domain for outgoing email confirmations and reminders.
- To integrate your Gmail to YCBM, simply head over to your Integrations tab, Connect your Gmail account and that's it.
- To confirm that your notifications email address has been updated to your preferred domain, go to your booking page settings, and under Notifications, you should see your email address listed.
2. If you encounter a warning that says "choose a verified email to send from" this means that your booking page is set to our default notifications email address firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to use a personal domain, you'll need to verify that's it's been integrated to YCBM through Integrations and then you can easily select the email address you prefer from the list of notification emails.
3. If you notice a warning sign that says "DMARC protected". This means that the email domain may have a DMARC policy stopping YCBM from sending emails from your own email address and all the booking notifications emails will be sent from email@example.com instead of your domain. A few options to resolve this warning.
- 1. Integrate your Gmail to YCBM if your domain comes from a Google provider.
- 2. YCBM offers DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) support. DKIM is a method to validate the authenticity of email messages and our support team can help you set this up. We will need to confirm the domain you want to send from. Once you confirm that, we will send you the DKIM and Return-Path DNS records to verify your domain and ensure effective delivery.
For further questions about warnings on your account contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.